Hope you are all enjoying the weekend and getting outside in your gardens or safely on your daily exercise to make the most of the sunshine! I am feeling very lucky for all the space we have around us and have been enjoying long walks.
Here is your home learning activities for Monday, remember you can do them in any order but please try your best to do them all:
Start the day with some exercise. I would like you to choose a cosmic kids Yoga today https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Yoga is good for our brains and body :)
Parents, we recently sent an email about our new structure for phonics. Please follow the link below and watch the video. It will be live from 1030am.
You will need your workbook and a pencil to complete this. I hope you enjoy it.
- Year 2 if you have a reading comprehension SATs Buster, please complete your next test.
- I would like all of you to complete Week 2 Lesson 1 (Find a half 2) at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
- Can you please complete your 'X a day' on Doodle Maths
- Year 2 have a go at Week 2 Lesson 1 (comparing lengths) https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
We are going to be looking at 'Human and Physical Features'. Remind your children that they would have looked at this when we learnt about Hong Kong. I often say that human features are things that people need to build and physical features are part of nature or what God would have created. I have attached a powerpoint for you to look at with your children to revisit this concept.
Ask your child if they can remember that London is the capital city of England?
I would then like you to watch the video of London. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJNIUp2izQ
I have attached a tick list for the children to fill out whilst they watch this video. Can they see all the parts of London?
As a follow up activity I would like Hedgehogs to complete the 'Human and Physical features of London' sheet which requires them to look at the different things that are in London and decide whether they think they are a human or physical feature. This is a cut and stick activity or they can write them down.
- have a good timetable for the day and remember to have regular breaks, drink water and have fruit snacks to keep you going.
- read a book either one you have or an ebook online.
- practise reading your sounds, tricky works and common exception words.
- complete your daily diary
Most of all, have a great day!