Hi Hedgehog Class,
Hope you all had a good day and I have loved seeing some pictures of your Big Write's - I hope you enjoyed Paddington Bear!
Plan for tomorrow is as follows;
- Start the day with your choice of exercise to get your body and brain active and moving! Perhaps you could show your grown-ups your favourite GoNoodle at https://www.gonoodle.com/ Mine is probably 'Sorry' by Kidz Bop.
- remember to read or share a story at some point in the day.
For phonics we are going to continue to look at the 'ay' sound family. Start by visiting https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/# (this will require flashplayer and usually works best on Google Chrome, if you can't access this then please flashcard their sounds) You can choose which game you would like to play, but make sure it is a 'Phase 5' game.
Our sound to revise today is 'ai' Can you write it out 5 times? Remember this ‘ai’ usually comes in the middle of words. Spell a selection of words containing the sound and add dots and dashes; rain, tail, main, pain, maid, fail, hail, again. Write the sentence; Mark and Carl got wet in the rain storm.
I would also like you to focus on your handwriting in your home learning books on the lines. Practise joining your 'ai' digraph. Make sure you are starting on the line and leading into each letter, keep your letters a good size and make sure they sit on the line. Once you are happy with these then you can choose a selection of words from our phonics session to have a go at joining without taking your pencil off the page as many of you should be ready to have a go at joining (tricky but have a go)! If your child finds this too tricky then keep focusing on the 'pre-cursive' style where they are leading in and out of the letters but not yet joining all the letters together.
- I would like you all to complete 'Year one lesson 2 making equal groups' at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
- Continue to complete your 'X a day' on Doodle Maths
- Year 2's if you want to challenge yourself you can complete 'lesson 2 counting in fractions' at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/
- I have attached a powerpoint about Judaism (our religion for the term). This will be a new religion for the children so I hope this session will be a little introduction.
-Once you have looked at the powerpoint together, please watch the video and complete the worksheet where the children can cut and stick the religious symbols once they have sorted them by their religion.
I hope you have a successful day and remember any queries please email the office and I will try to respond as quickly as possible.